IPMA Certification — recognized Globally
Based on IPMA International Certification Regulations (ICR4) &
IPMA Individual Competence Baseline (ICB4)
IPMA Level D® Certification
IPMA Certification — recognized Globally
Competence Elements Covered in Programme
Methods, tools & techniques through
which individuals interact with the environment as well as the rationale that leads people, organizations, societies to start and support projects, programs and portfolios
2. Governance, structures and processes
4. Power and interest
5. Culture and values
personal interpersonal competences
1. Self-reflection and self-management
2. Personal integrity and reliability
3. Personal communication
4. Relations and engagement
5. Leadership.6. Teamwork
7. Conflict and crises
IPMA’s Vision: Promoting Competence throughout Society to enable a world in which all Projects succeed.
Not the best practice, but better!
2. Requirements, objectives and benefits
5. Organization and information
9. Procurement and partnership
10. Plan and control
11. Risk and opportunity
13. Change and Transformation
14. Select and balance
Benefits of globally recognised Project Management Certification
Word Project has come from Latin word ‘Projectum’, which means to throw something forward. Projects in essence are undertaken to build future. Future is uncertain and hence risky. Global authorities have evolved a set of competencies which are imperative for people who want to be associated with this profession of building future.
International Project Management Associates (IPMA), formed in 1965 is the oldest global association of Project Management professionals focused on building skills of Project Management professionals. It has 72 Member Associations from countries across all continents. IPMA offers 4 level certifications covering entire career path of a professional who is involved with projects of any nature, irrespective of the industry. Project Management Associates, established in 1993, is a not for profit society and an exclusive Member Association of IPMA in India.
PMA India has designated “PMA Cert” [a self-reliant entity within PMA India] as its Certification Body (CB) for carrying out all activities related to IPMA Certification in India.
Become Recognised as a Professional – Certification
- Do you want international recognition as a project, professional? Do you want to be assessed on your current competence level and be internationally certified?
- Do you want to employ or hire a project, manager who has proved to be competent?
- Do you want to know how you can improve your competences as a professional project?
a. Overall Benefits
- It improves one’s capability to deliver better, faster, less expensive products and services.
- Performance based certification secures competitive differentiation.
- Certification ensures that you have standards by which project management performance can be measured
b. Employers Benefits
- As the course enhances the knowledge base of the employee for handling the project in an effective
- the manner helps the company to bring the cost overruns and time overruns to a minimum.
- It provides a marketing tool by demonstrating the company’s commitment to excellence in project management and the competence of its staff.
c. Employee Benefits
- It provides peer recognition of one’s competence.
- It enhances other technical or business qualifications.
- It assists in the recognition of the transferability of an individual’s skills from one company or industry to another.
- It enhances their confidence in their project management and general business knowledge.
d. Customers Benefits
- It enables clients to assess a proposed project manager’s competence.
- It provides positive proof that the individual concerned has gained peer recognition of his/her ability to manage projects.
- It builds confidence about the company undertaking the projects.
Individual Competence Baseline
Worldwide, the IPMA certifications are based on the global competence standard, ICB. This standard is defined by the IPMA and describes the competences that project, programme and portfolio managers should possess. Currently, IPMA is transitioning from ICB version 3 to ICB version 4.
PMA Cert, Certification Body of PMA India, has changed over to ICR4/ICB4 with effect from 1 July 2019 and as per IPMA transition principles, PMA Cert will issue certificates based on ICR4 / ICB4 (IPMA International Certification Regulations Version 4 / IPMA Individual Competence Baseline Fourth Edition) with effect from 1 July 2019.
IPMA 4 Level Certification System - a Complete Career Path for Project Professionals
Become Recognised as a Certified Project Management Associate
Achieving IPMA level D® certification is an international recognition of one’s knowledge about managing projects and knowing the competences as described by the IPMA International Competence Baseline® as well as how to apply them.
Entry Criteria for IPMA Level D
An IPMA Level D certification requires that the candidate has knowledge in the Competence Elements (CEs) related to project management. As such, they usually have broad project management knowledge and may work in a project team. No previous experience is required and only knowledge regarding CEs related to project management are assessed.
Certified Project Management Associate entry requirements:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a nationally recognized University.
- Experience in the project management competence elements is not compulsory; but it is an advantage if the Applicant already has applied his project management knowledge to some extent.
- Candidates applying for IPMA Level D certification must agree to abide by the ‘IPMA code of ethics and professional conduct by endorsing his/her signature in his application.
Certified Project Management Associate core competence:
- Shall have the knowledge in all competence elements and be able to apply it
Certified Project Management Associate additional requirements:
- Can practice in any competence element. May work in some fields as a specialist.
- Works as a project team member or a member of the project management staff.
- Has broad project management knowledge and the ability to apply it.
1. Submit Application alongwith
2. Knowledge self assessment and
3. Appear in 2 exams (Paper 1 & Paper 2)
Go for the best - IPMA Competence Baseline (ICB4)
An Excellent opportunity to understand the Project Management Competences
The re-certification period for Levels A to D is due 5 years after initial certification for each level of certification and domain. Successful candidates receive a new certificate for 5 years from the date of re-certification approval.It is the responsibility of the certificate holder to initiate, through application, the re-certification process up to a maximum of 6 months from their certificate expiry date. If the certificate holder fails to re-apply within the time period, a new application will need to be undertaken under the initial certification process.
IPMA Level D Exam
Paper 1: (Duration – 2 hours) This paper has 2 sections – Section 1 and Section 2 (Max Marks 150)
Section 1: (Max. 120 Marks) This section contains 120 multiple choice objective type questions covering all the competence elements. Each question will have 4 choices and only one answer to be chosen.
Section 2: (Max. 30 Marks) This section will have 10 detailed objective type questions requiring multiple selection in the answer. On an average, every question will have 6 options and you may have to select on average 3 best answers.
Paper 2: (Duration – 2 hours) This paper also have 2 Parts – Part A and Part B (Max Marks 150)
Part A: (Max. 100 Marks) This Part contain 6 questions out of which any 4 are to be answered.
The questions will be numerical type based on Calculations / Graphs etc.
Part B: (Max 50 Marks) This part contains 25 open questions. You have to answer all the questions. Each question will have short answer, to be written in space provided in the Examination paper itself.
The pass marks are 60% i.e. 90 marks out of 150 marks in each paper. There is no negative marking.
Note: Candidates must clear both papers independently for getting Level D certification.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply - Goethe
International Project Management Association
IPMA is a federation of about 72 Member Associations (MAs). These MAs develop project management competences in their geographic areas of influence, interacting with thousands of practitioners and developing relationships with corporations, government agencies, universities and colleges, as well as training organizations and consulting companies. IPMA has spread from Europe to Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Australia, and North and South America. The demand for our products and services and the number of our Member Associations is steadily growing. Through IPMA, project management practitioners from all cultures and all parts of the world can network, share ideas, and move our practice and our stakeholders
forward through effective collaboration and cooperation.
Some leading companies whose employees have acquired the IPMA Level D® certification
IPMA Member Associations from 72 Countries
• Bosnia Herzegovina
• Costa Rica
• Czech Republic
• Dominican Republic
• South Africa
• South Korea
• United Kingdom
• United State of America
Project Management Associates (PMA)
PMA is a not for profit registered Society, established in 1993, with the vision to ‘Create a Project Oriented India.PMA, as a National Association of Project Managers in India is actively engaged with the Industry, Academia and Govt.Departments to promote competence based Project Management. PMA strives to promote competence at different levels to facilitate successful completion of all projects.
Competence building and development of Project Management Mindset across Industry, Academia and Government are undertaken by PMA through its global and national level events, certification, membership, workshops etc. Classroom trainings are conducted by independent accredited organizations/freelance individuals qualified for the task. PMA actively recognizes the spirit of excellence among Projects, Young Project Managers, Project Leaders and Organizations through Excellence Awards.
PMA is the Exclusive Indian Member of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), a Federation of 72 Member Associations from countries across all continents. (www.ipma.world) and a leading global authority on Project, Program & Portfolio Management. Appropriate best practices in Project Management, learnt and shared by IPMA, from their wealth of experience and knowledge base, are
passed over to Project practitioners and Academia by PMA.PMA has a wide network of Members. Ministry of Shipping and Road Transport & Highways, GoI and over 75 leading organisations including from Maharatnas, Navratnas and Private companies are PMA’s Life Members. With its headquarters at New Delhi, PMA’s wide network of 14 Chapters across India and regional offices in Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai, lend robust support to its mission.
IPMA’s 4 Level Certification system in Project Management is exclusively administered and awarded in India by PMA through its Certification Body – PMA Cert. More than 7000 professionals across a range of
leading organizations in India, have been awarded IPMA Certifications.
PMA also offers industries a unique and comprehensive organization level assessment of Project Management Maturity.
Who / Why to Attend
Professionals across all levels who want to understand the intricacies of Project Management and want to excel in managing projects to advance their career.
Fee: Rs.29,000/- per person plus GST @18%
• Registration fee is non-refundable. However, alternate person(s) can be nominated.
• Cheque/draft or NEFT is payable to: “Project Management Associates”
• The registration fee does not include travel and hotel accommodation.
27 Nov 2021
Secure and Seamless Online Examination System
For more details, please contact:
Arvind Agarwal, Head, PMA Cert (Certification Body)
Project Management Associates
FC-33, Plot No. 1 & 2, Periyar Centre,3rd Floor, Institutional Area, Jasola, New Delhi – 110025
Tel: 011 41421511 Mob: +91 9871088183, 9711631542 / 34, 9840432229 Website: www.pma-india.org
Email: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]